Bloodwork for Your Pet
Having bloodwork done for a pet is a common first step in understanding a health situation or as a measure to prepare a pet for surgery.
The goal of every veterinarian is to identify any problems your pet may have very early, because sometimes, early detection can mean better treatment options or possibly slowing the progression of a disease. It is amazing what can be learned about your pet’s health with a few tests conducted on samples of blood and urine.
Our friends at Pet Health Network put together an excellent document on understanding blood work from a preventive care perspective, click here to learn:
- When is blood work necessary?
- What tests might my veterinarian run?
- When can I expect results?
- Understanding your pet’s test results
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)