Exotic Pet Care
From tails to scales to feathers, we care for them all!
At Fairview Animal Hospital we are pleased to offer care for your exotic pet including exotic companion mammals, reptile and avian species (at this time we are not taking on any new Avian patients, but we will continue to provide care to existing avian species patients).
Special pets require special care; our Fairview Animal Hospital is fully equipped with exotic companion mammal diagnostic, treatment and surgical equipment, as well as a fully-stocked pharmacy to meet the specialized needs of our unique patients. We have a professional, courteous team devoted to the well being of birds, rabbits, ferrets, rodents, insectivores and reptiles. We are the primary veterinarian for many of our clients’ pets, and also act as a referral service for other local veterinarians who would like assistance with avian and exotic cases.
- Wellness Exams including husbandry review, nutritional consultations, vaccinations and parasite control
- General and Emergency Surgery (for exotic companion mammals).
- Digital Radiology.
- Ultrasound referral.
- Laboratory Diagnostic Services
- Behavior and Enrichment Consultations
- Palliative Care and Pain Management Consultations
- Exotic Animal Pharmacy
With staff led by Dr. Suzette Dibblee, exotic pet owners can be confident that their pets are receiving the most current and progressive treatment and procedures, even in this constantly advancing area of veterinary medicine.
Dr. Suzette Dibblee, a native Haligonian, graduated from the Atlantic Veterinary College of the University of Prince Edward Island in 1998 after completing her Bachelor of Science degree at Dalhousie University. A tenured veterinarian at Fairview Animal Hospital since 1999, Dr. Dibblee is committed to the advancement of exotic veterinary medicine devoting much of her time to academia and continuing education.
As leading specialists in exotic and avian pet care, our Fairview Animal Hospital staff is committed to continually upgrading their own skills as well as sharing skills among the veterinary community. Dr Dibblee maintains active membership in the following organizations:
• Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV)
• Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV)
• Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association (NSVMA)
• Canadian Veterinarian Medical Association (CVMA)
• American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
• Veterinary Information Network (VIN)
• Exotic D.V.M (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
• Safe Haven Society For Reptiles & Amphibians
• Nova Scotia Ferret Lovers Society
• House Rabbit Society